Cape Cod Sold February 2015 $195,500 3 Bedroom 1 Bath 2-Car Garage 1,386 square feet
Colonial Sold January 2015 $305,000 4 Bedroom, 2 1/2 Bath 2-car garage 2,036 Square Feet
Search Houses for Sale below:
Sub Area: 322
Search other areas of the Capital Region by sub areas from the link to the right of the input box.
Saratoga County Sub Area Map delineates sub areas exactly
Click here to let Reny fetch every real estate listing that matches your criteria (then updated immediately when a new matching listing comes on the market)
This is a free service without cost or obligation that provides the First Look at new listings
Milton, New York is a town in northern Saratoga County with an area of 36 square miles. The population was 17,103 as of the 2000 census.
Demographics: There were 6,402 households as of the 2000 census. Ethnicity: 97% European Origin, 1% African American, less than 2% Asian, Native American, African, Hispanic or Latino, or other
History: The first residents of the area were the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, and Seneca Native Americans. In this fertile valley the tribes Bear, Turtle, and Wolf clans grew corn (maze), beans and squash. They supplemented their diets with wild fruits and berries in addition to hunting and fishing.
The Mohawk called the area the lands of the crooked stream (the Kayaderosseras Creek)
The first residents of European decent were the David Wood family around 1772 who built their home in what is now Milton Hill.
In 1792 the town was created from the Town of Ballston.
Settlement continued with homes, saw and grist mills, and blacksmith shops established in this area of fertile lands, abundant forests, and plentiful water supplies.
Early settlers established schools and churches; the earliest was the Old Stone Church which still stands today in North Milton
By the 1800’s mills along the Kayaderosseras Creek and its tributaries were built. Primarily these were paper mills but also cotton mills, foundries, tanneries, lumber and cabinetry mills, limestone quarries and kilns
In 1896 construction started on the Kaydeross Electric Railroad built to serve the mills along the Kaydeross Creek. As such it was one of the railroads to primarily haul freight although passenger service also was provided.
City Data for the Town of Milton