Delmar, Bethlehem, New York Profile
and Real Estate


Delmar, New York Adams House

Adams House Delmar, NY The Greek Revival brick hotel with white pillars and portico was built by Nathaniel Adams in 1836 and served as the Bethlehem Town Hall in the 1950s

Delmar Four Corners Clock

Four Corners Clock Delmar, NY Description: The Four Corners Clock Stands at the crossroads of Delaware Ave and Kenwood Ave,

Delmar, Bethlehem, New York

Real Estate

Sold Home Delmar, NY

Delmar, NY Sold Home 5 Bedroom, 3 Bath Center Hall Colonial with 2-car garage

Sold Home Delmar, NY

Delmar New York Sold Home 4 Bedroom, 2 1/2 Bath Colonial with 2-car garage

Sold Home Delmar, NY

Delmar New York Sold Home 4 Bedroom, 1 1/2 Bath Colonial with 3-car garage
Present Homes Values


Search Delmar, Bethlehem, New York Homes for Sale

Connects directly to the Capital Region MLS for the most complete, accurate, up-to-the-minute information available. Simply enter your preferences in the boxes.

Locations and school districts are searched from the Sub Area List to the right of the Sub Area and School District Code boxes. Just check the areas of interest and click OK

Additional Help

Home FinderLet Reny fetch every real estate listing that matches your criteria and email them the moment they are listed

This is a free service from Real Estate New York without cost or obligation

Get it Now

History, Demographics, Climate, Geography of Delmar, Bethlehem, New York

Written by: Published by: on

Official Bethlehem (Delmar) New York Website

Delmar, Town of Bethlehem located in Albany County, New York is a hamlet in the northern part of the Town of Bethlehem which is adjacent to the City of Albany on the north across the Normans kill creek on the east by the Hudson River on the west 6 miles parallel to the Hudson to the Town of New Scotland on the south to the Town or Coeymans. Other hamlets include Clarksville, Slingerlands, and North Bethlehem.


The first residents to build their homes in the locale settled on both sides the Normans Kill ravine. In 1805 a wooden bridge was built to carry the Delaware Turnpike toll road over the Normans Kill which was later replaced with an iron bridge (as pictured above).  The hamlet was originally called Upper Hollow up stream from Lower Hollow later named Kenwood, a name still used today.  The name Upper Hollow was changed to Normansville and eventually annexed to the Town of Bethlehem as part of Adamsville.

In 1836 Nathaniel Adams build his home in the area and in 1838 constructed a large hotel that still stands today (pictured above) in addition, he also donated an acre of land for The Dutch Reform Church, also still standing.  As a result of the efforts of this early notable and leader the village was named Adamsville.

The Albany and Susquehanna Railroad established a rail station at Adams Street and Kenwood Avenue that was known as Delmar Station.  In 1892 the residents petitioned to change the name of the post office to Delmar thus changing the name of the village officially.


As of the 2000 census the population of the village Delmar alone was 8,292 and stable, although this figure is approximate since the boundaries of the village are somewhat nebulous.

As of the 2000 census the village was home to 3,421 households and 2,375 family residences for an average population density of 1,896/sq. mi. The village contains 3,502 housing units. The average family size is thee.

Ethnic diversity decent as of 2000 was 97% European, >1% African, <1% American, >1% Asian, >1% Hispanic.

The average family income as of 2000 was $83,225.

In 2005 CNN/Money Magazine voted the Delmar and its environs one of the "Best Places to Live" in America.

Adams House Hotel

Adams House Hotel 1836


Normansville Iron Bridge Delmar NY circa 1900

Delmar Railroad Station

Delmar Railroad Station Delmar (Adamsville) Railroad Station 1907

Snyder Hill Hotel

Snyder Hill Hotel Located on Martin Drive off Route 32 (Building still standing)


Abverage Temperature

Average Precipitation

Average Sunshine