Colonial on 2 acres Sold November 2014 $383,500 3 Bedroom 3 Bath 3-Car Garage 2,880 square feet
Custom Ranch on 3/4 acres Sold October 2014 $510,000 3 Bedroom, 3 Bath 3-car Garage 2,451 Square Feet
Search Houses for Sale below:
Sub Area: 361
Search other areas of the Capital Region by sub areas from the link to the right of the input box.
Saratoga County Sub Area Map delineates sub areas exactly
Click here to let Reny fetch every real estate listing that matches your criteria (then updated immediately when a new matching listing comes on the market)
This is a free service without cost or obligation that provides the First Look at new listings
Charlton, New York is a town in central Saratoga County with an area of 33 square miles and a population of 4,133 as of the 2010 census.
History: The first residents of the area that is now Charlton were the St. Regis Native Americans who occasionally clashed with the early settlers and scalped the first recorded European residents Joseph Gonzalez and his son Emanuel
The Gonzalez family settled in West Charlton in 1770, although the first recorded sale of land by the native tribes is dated 1708 and a stage line ran through the hamlet in the 1700s, so earlier settlers may have made their homes in the area.
The Gonzalez's were followed by Episcopalian and Presbyterian families from Freehold, New Jersey and downstate New York settled. Settlers arrived from Scotland in West Charlton in 1775. French Huguenots, Dutch, Irish and others followed.
They called the town New Freehold named after Freehold, New Jersey where many came from.
In March 17, 1792 the Town of Charlton was created from the Town of Ballston named for the village of Charlton, Worcestershire UK where many of its residents originally immigrated from.
Agriculture has traditionally been Charlton's main enterprise, although several hamlets with mills, shops, taverns, schools, churches and cemeteries were established along the town’s rivers and stage coach routes. These hamlets where named New Freehold (Charlton Hamlet), Slab Troy (Little Troy), Liberty Three Corners (West Charlton), Scotch Street (Scotch Church), Blue Corners, Holbrook Corners and Harmony Corners.
Education has always be important to the residents of the town. Above the one room school house was located so that no child had to walk more than a mile to school. In the late 1700s residents helped found Union College
The West Charlton United Presbyterian Church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998